It seems like a decade ago when BatchPhoto 1.0 was released… Wait, it’s actually a decade to the day!
10 years ago George W. Bush was still president, the New Orleans disaster was only three months old, the release of Windows Vista was one year into the future, the release of the first iPhone was one and a half years away, and nobody was talking about software as a service not to mention mobile!
A visual comparison of BatchPhoto 1.0 (2005) with BatchPhoto 4.1 (2015):
It has been a long and rewarding journey. Here are some quick facts:
- 37 versions have been released to date;
- About 16k unique customers from all over the World, but mostly from US, UK, Australia, Canada, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Ireland;
- We were lucky to have customers like: Tesla Motors, General Electric, 20th Century Fox, Intel, Sun, Cisco, The International Olympic Committee, and CBS among many others;
- BatchPhoto was started as a one man business and slowly grew up to four people.
We are celebrating our 10th anniversary with pizza as well as the release of BatchPhoto 4.1! This is an important update with features such as:
- A greatly improved Date filter, with lots of options for formatting and drawing the date/time stamp;
- Full support for the latest operating systems: Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan;
- Support for High DPI in Windows and improved support for Retina on Mac;
- Improvements to the drag & drop feature in all graphical filters;
- The option to pause the photo processing;
- For the Rotate filter, we have added the condition to only rotate the Portrait or the Landscape photos;
- Support for new DSLR digital cameras and RAW image formats.
We now look forward to the next 10 years!