Date & Time Stamp

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
crlamb

If I request that date and time already in the EXIF be posted on the front of the photo, will the program pick up the information available from EXIF and print that on the front of each photo that is to be processed ? It is important that same date is shown, but the time must reflect the time in EXIF. I do need to assure that the "time" of the photo is the actual time that photo was taken and not a "batch" of photos showing that all photos were taken at the same time.
Vali

Dear user,

Yes, BatchPhoto reads the date/time, when the photos were taken, from the embedded EXIF record written by the digital camera in every digital photo. If the date is not correctly set in your digital camera, BatchPhoto will display the wrong date/time.

Some software programs can strip the EXIF record from your photos and BatchPhoto will fall back to reading the date when the photos were written on the hard disk.

Additionally, you can stamp any date/time you'd like on your photos by using the Comment or the Watermark-Text filters instead of the Date filter and by typing the date/time manually.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
mgarrett33

Can this behavior be changed in the future? For photos without EXIF its much better for me to NOT put a Date Time on the photo than to put TODAY's data (when the file was saved). That is misleading.

I'd prefer an option in the Date/Time Stamp plugin with (a) current behavior (b) skip photos without EXIF (c) supply an alternate string.

Thanks,
Mike
Cosmin

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your feedback. This is a good idea, we will consider including this option in the next version of BatchPhoto.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
kexum

Just recently the date/time stamp no longer appears on my photos. When I try running the process again it tells me they are already processed. I've tried overwriting but nothing changes.
Cosmin

Hi,

In Step 3 in the Output section and under Destination select from the combo-box "Use selected folder as output destination". Make sure the Folder path is not the same as the one for the source images.

Also if you overwrite the images they will change, just open them in a photo viewer and don't look at the thumbnails only.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information