Batch RAW Processing

Discuss tips and tricks you have learned when using BatchPhoto
Cosmin

As a professional photographer you shot in RAW hundreds of pictures at a single event but few shots are really good and worth the time investment required by post processing on the PC with a specialized software.

Nevertheless the remaining pictures are still important and need to be converted to a common image format like JPEG or TIFF. Converting them one at a time with a RAW processing program or with the camera's supplied software takes a lot of time and effort.

BatchPhoto can convert thousands of RAW images from almost all DSLR digital cameras to almost any image format in just a single session! Custom development settings like: Demosaicing, White Balance and Highlights can also be adjusted.

Additionally BatchPhoto permits operations like: Watermarking, Resizing, Renaming, and much more, all in the same session.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
mmarylee80

I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ28 and I'm trying to convert my pictures (RAW2) to JPEG. But I keep on getting this error, "Failed to Load...". Can you help me?

Thanks,

I get a "fail to load" error to in processing. I'm using a Nikon D50 camera.
Cosmin

Hello,

The RAW image formats vary a lot so there may be some formats from some camera manufactures that BatchPhoto cannot load in the current version. However we are working to improve the number of supported formats.

If you have problems with RAW images please send us a sample so we can analyze it and perhaps add support for it in the next release of BatchPhoto.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager

I have thousands of Kodak DCS files to convert but would like to call the program programmatically. Is there support for running BatchPhoto via the command line?
Cezar

Dear user,

You can run BatchPhoto via the command line by using scripts.

A script contains a list of images to be processed together with a set of processing settings. This list can be fixed (the list of photos does not change between processing sessions) or it can be the result of a search. BatchPhoto can search a specified folder for all the pictures that match a specific pattern and dynamically create the list of images to be processed. You can use BatchPhoto's graphical interface to create your script which can also be edited manually.

For further details regarding scripts check out the Advanced section of the application's Help document.
Regards,
Cezar Popescu
BatchPhoto Team
alex2017

Cosmin wrote:
Tue May 26, 2009 8:20 am
As a professional photographer you shot in RAW hundreds of pictures at a single event but few shots are really good and worth the time investment required by post processing on the PC with a specialized software.

Nevertheless the remaining pictures are still important and need to be converted to a common image format like JPEG or TIFF. Converting them one at a time with a RAW processing program or with the camera's supplied software takes a lot of time and effort.

BatchPhoto can convert thousands of RAW images from almost all DSLR digital cameras to almost any image format in just a single session! Custom development settings like: Demosaicing, White Balance and Highlights can also be adjusted.

Additionally BatchPhoto permits operations like: Watermarking, Resizing, Renaming, and much more, all in the same session.
I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ28 and I'm trying to convert my pictures (RAW2) to JPEG. But I keep on getting this error, "Failed to Load...". Can you help me?

Thanks,
Cosmin

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please send us a sample RAW image to support at batchphoto dot com so we can investigate this problem further.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Alisalira

Does converting RAW to JPEG lose quality? The first time you generate a JPEG file from a RAW file, you may not notice a major difference in the quality of the image. However, the more times you save the generated JPEG image, the more you will notice a drop off in the quality of the produced image.
  • Information