Launch Monitor Not Working?

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
SemiSigh

Hi, I just downloaded Batch Photo with my primary interest being in the Watch Folder feature in order to automatically resize photos within folders and subfolders as they come in. I LOVE how this program preserves the folder structure, the one thing I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

I've added photos, folders, and subfolders, added the resize, and selected where they should save to and successfully processed these. However, I cannot figure out how to set up hot folders and a script in order to have this run automatically as new photos come into the folders. How do I create "hot folders" and scripts?

I tried clicking the "Launch Monitor" option in the main file menu but nothing happens?

Everytime I try to click an article in the help menu the program quits so I can't read any of them for how-to instructions.
Cosmin

Hello,

Please let us know if you are running BatchPhoto on Windows or on Mac. Then let us know what version of Windows/Mac do you have and what version of BatchPhoto.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
SemiSigh

I'm running it on mac OSX 10.9.3 and downloaded the batch photo trial just yesterday.
Cosmin

Hello,

Mavericks includes significant changes under the hood and on some Macs with Mavericks there are some problems like the one you described.

We are about to release BatchPhoto 4.0 which fixes all the problems on Mavericks. Until the official release you can download the Beta version from here:
http://www.batchphoto.com/download/batchphoto4-beta.dmg
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Mike

I am not seeing any option for the hot/watch folder in the trial using Windows 8... am I missing something?
Cosmin

Hello,

The Monitor is a companion application to BatchPhoto that takes care of monitoring folders for new or modified images.

The Monitor will start when you start BatchPhoto Enterprise (by default) or you can start it from BatchPhoto's main menu > File > Launch Monitor (only in the Enterprise edition).

The Monitor will show-up in Windows in the system tray area (the bottom-right corner, near the clock).
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information