Resize Hundreds of Digital Photos in One Session

Discuss tips and tricks you have learned when using BatchPhoto
Cosmin

BatchPhoto makes the task of resizing digital photos very easy and fast by processing hundreds of pictures in one session and by taking advantage of multi-core processors to speed-up the process. The operation can be performed even without starting the application, directly from Windows Explorer's contextual (right-click) menu.

In version 2.7, BatchPhoto has received a major update for the resize feature as well as many additional improvements. The program has two filters for resizing photos: Resize, for changing the picture size in pixels and Resize Advanced, for changing the DPI and document size.

The Resize filter automatically detects the photo's orientation as landscape or portrait and correctly resizes all photos based on the user-specified width and height. The dimensions can be specified in either pixels or percentages. The filter can also resize photos based on a fixed width or height dimension.

The Resize Advanced filter is useful when printing photos since it can change the DPI setting as well as specify a document size based on that DPI.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Joihn B

I need to batch process many photos and need to set a maximum width and height to process ths photos before uploading to a web site.
Can the program set a boundary rectangle say 550 pixels wide and 375 high and perhaps also a maximum quality to be less than say 60K.

I need to maintain the aspect ratio. It appears that I can only set a max width of 500 - some portrait photos could be more than 500 and this wiould not display properly.
Vali

Dear user,

You can use the Thumbnail filter for this task. In the filter's configuration window please enter the desired width and height, and for maintaining aspect ratio select the “Resize to fit” method.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information