My Photos Compressed Unexpectedly

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
SRS2019

All of my pics from my India Tour have compressed after two hours of marking them. I had no idea this was happening. My 5mb photos are all now 2-3mb. I was about to start burning flashdrives for our trip participants, and now will need to do this another day (or week).

What happened?

Could someone please elucidate me as to how to get the EXACT image to photo mark, and not compress?

Thank-you so much!!!

Sincerely,

Scott :)
Cosmin

Hi Scott,

This happens because you save your output images as JPG which is a lossy image format which means some data will be lost each time you re-save the image. No matter if you save with BatchPhoto or Photoshop or any other editor.

There are two solutions:
1. In Step 3 select the Output Format as JPG, click on Settings and adjust the Quality/Size slider to get an image size close to the originals;
2. Save your images in a lossless file format like PNG or TIF with much bigger file sizes.

Here is a blog post about image formats:
https://www.batchphoto.com/blog/the-bes ... r-the-job/
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
figen

Hello,

I am ne in Photomarks.
I am using bunch of photos and rename on the photo.
I need to change the text color every-time because i am using either white or black.
Is that any way that i could change the default color?

If you can help me I really appreciated.
Thank you
Cosmin

Hi,

You should save your settings as a Profile and later reload the Profile with your settings.

To save your settings as a profile from the main app menu select File > Save Profile. You can later reload it just by double-clicking on it or from the main menu File > Load Profile.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information