Re-processing Images in Watch Folder after Crash

Got a great suggestion for improving BatchPhoto? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.

I am trying to figure out how to get a BatchPhoto monitor job to process images in the watch folder that it missed do to a crash. I am suing BatchPhoto Enterprise as part of a large scale ingest solution for a MAM. Images are delivered to the watch folder for processing on an ongoing basis. Occasionally BatchPhoto will crash while processing a batch of images it picked up. The monitor process seems to keep working and as more images coming in to the watch folder it will process them however the images it missed due to the crash are never processed. If I put the images in again, BatchPhoto monitor seems to flag them as files it has already processed (which I have asked about in another forum topic).

Is there any way to get BatchPhoto monitor to re-submit files that were not completed due to a crash of BatchPhoto?
Cosmin

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

In the current version the communication is one-way, the Monitor scans the images and makes a MD5 checksum of each one, then sends a work order to BatchPhoto. Unfortunately the Monitor doesn't know if BatchPhoto crashes and doesn't process all images. This is something we have on our to-do list for a future release.

The only solution is to make a small change to the images and re-add them to the monitored folder. The change can be a simple file info change like the file date.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
klouden

Thanks for the answer and apologies for asking as anonymous. Does that just mean changing the modification date or updating the image created date in metadata?
Cosmin

Hi,

Yes, changing the metadata will result in a new MD5 checksum and will be considered a modified image and so it will be reprocessed.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Dan Cram

I also have this problem processing 1 to 4 k images. if a crash happens for any reason images stall and sit in the input.
This leads to down time and admin level intervention with no notification or help desk tickets and questions from end users.
It would be great to be able to turn off or set a timer to empty MD5 checksum.

maybe this could also be improved by creating the MD5 later in the processing or checking if it actually did get processed somehow.
Cosmin

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for this issue.

We will consider your request.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information