Depth Map File Export

Got a great suggestion for improving BatchPhoto? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
RealistecRyan

I would like to extract the depth map files from my dual camera smartphone images, and would benefit from the ability to batch process the exporting and saving of this depth map file.

There are many smartphones available on the market today that take photos with a depth file stored in the image's Metadata; which can be used to create an artifical bokeh effect or post Facebook 3D photos.

Samsung calls their photos Live Focus; whereas, Apple refers to their pictures as Portrait Mode. Regardless of their name, the images contain important depth information.

Currently there are a few other software products (and apps) that allow the depth map file to be viewed and saved such as Photopea and ExifTool; however, none of these products allow you to batch process these image files and many of these software products require complicated command line prompts.

Is this a feature you could add to BatchPhoto? I would love it and I know others would as well.
Cosmin

Hi,

Thank you for your feature request. We will consider adding depth map processing in BatchPhoto.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
RealistecRyan

Any word on the likelihood of releasing an update with this feature?
Cosmin

No timeline yet, sorry.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
RealistecRyan

Hi! Any timeliness yet?
  • Information