BUG: recreate original folder structure in selected folder

Got a great suggestion for improving BatchPhoto? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jprocco

i´ve cretated a profile to process photos with the option:"recreate original folder structure in selected folder"

But if the source folder has just one subfolder, when the structure is recreated it does not creat the structure correctely when i process the photos. Running the same process on a source folder that has at list two subfolders everything runs fine, and the structure is created correctly.

It seems that there´s a bug when creating the structure if there´s just one subfolder on the original source folder.

Wait for you answer.

THANKS A LOT

José Rocco
Vali

Hi,

If you choose the Recreate original folder structure in selected folder option, BatchPhoto will find the common lowest-level folder for all the images added in Step 1 and reproduce the folder structure from within that lowest-level folder in the output folder.

So what you are experiencing is not a bug, it's by design.

Please let us know if there is something else.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
jprocco

Thanks for your reply Valentin.

Is ther any workaround to recreate the structure with just one folder, THE WAY I SAID ?

I suggest you to change the design , so that woul be possible to recreate the structure, with just one subfolder.

I´m sure that would be usefull for everyone that wants to process a structure with just one folder.

Thanks a lot

José
Vali

Hi,

The Recreate original folder structure in selected folder option works in the way I just mentioned above, and for the moment there is no workaround.

You must have a picture in every single subfolder to maintain exactly the right path.

Thank you for this idea, we will consider this suggestion in our next releases.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
Chris

I will repeat the original poster's complaint. I have exactly the same problem.

Good user interface design does not play games with the users. The program should do exactly what it said it will do, no more and no less. BatchPhoto said it would reproduce the directory structure, but in this case, it manifestly does not.

Designed implementation or not, that is the exact definition of a bug: Your program does not do what it said it would do.
Cosmin

Hi Chris,

Do you use scripts or are you simply processing the images from the interface?

1. Only with scripts you can talk about a "source folder" and here is the syntax for scanning a "source folder" in a script:
<Search Path="C:/Users/Developer/Pictures/*.jpg" Subfolders="1"/>

And in this case if you have no images into the root and only a subfolder with images, the subfolder will not be recreated indeed in the target folder. This is something that we will investigate.

2. If you are processing images from the interface there is no such thing as a "source folder" in BatchPhoto. You can only add individual images or folders of images that can have different paths on your drive.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Joshuarok

That is strange, I see the following:
if I search for file: , I see the number of files objects in the statusbar on the left
if I search for folder: , I see the number of folders objects in the statusbar on the left
What does it show in your case? or else you can post a screenshot too

EDIT:
And if you click in the result list, you will see information about the selected files/folders
  • Information