Background removal

Got a great suggestion for improving BatchPhoto? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
dee

Bathphoto Techs
I will pay double for this product IF you added a background remover feature - PLEASE look into this.
Thanks
Dee
Cosmin

Hello,

Removing the background from an image is a complex task that has to be done individually for each image. So unfortunately this is not a task that can be automated for a batch of photos.

Regards,
Cosmin
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager

I understand the issue, but it can be solved as long as the BACKGROUND is pure WHITE.

Photoshop CS3 steps:
1. Select color range -- and select the WHITE background
2. Select INVERSE
3. Right click in the image and create a LAYER VIA COPY
4. THE "WHITE" is now the background layer -- go over the layer tabs, right click the Background tab and delete layer

ALL THE WHITE IS NOW TRANSPARENT.

Even if there is some WHITE in the middle of the logo or image, it really does not generally matter. For 90% of the images it would work, and it is not hard to go back in and put the WHITE back in to the little bits if needed, on the few effected.

In summary -- if BATCH PHOTO could simply REMOVE all the "WHITE PIXELS" you would make a lot of us VERY HAPPY

Call it "REMOVE ALL WHITE BACKGROUND and PIXELS"

Thanks

[email protected]

Cosmin wrote:Hello,

Removing the background from an image is a complex task that has to be done individually for each image. So unfortunately this is not a task that can be automated for a batch of photos.

Regards,
Cosmin
Vali

Dear user,

You can use the Color Replace filter to replace all the pixels which have a selected color with another color or transparency.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team

Very happy with your product but looked at this feed and me too. Will pay double if could do background :)
  • Information