Resizing images and misc

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
jays

If you had an option to resize and also change page size, with option to fill with color (i.e. take portrait photo, resize to 960 X 720, maintain aspect ratio,... gets you to 540 X 720, then page resize to 960 X 720, do not maintain aspect ration, center, fill remaining with selected color). Basically gets me a 960 X 720 picture, with my portrait picture re-sized to 540 X 720, centered with the right and left edges filled with selected color). If you can do this I would buy the tool.
admin
Site Admin

Hello,

You can resize, adjust page size and maintain aspect ratio with Resize Advanced (from Transform category). If you want to resize and maintain landscape/portrait proper dimensions you can use the Resize filter.

For filling with a color, you can use the Border filter (from Effects).

You can try BatchPhoto fully featured for 30 days with a 5-photo per session limit, from:
http://www.batchphoto.com/
donf-sj

SIMPLE task: I want to crop pics for 4x6 prints, then stamp the date; can you help?!?

Thanks,
Don
Cosmin

Hello,

With BatchPhoto you can crop pictures based on dimensions expressed in pixels or percents. If you want to crop to 4x6 inches you need to know the DPI of your pictures then crop a rectangle with width = 6 * DPI and height = 4 * dpi expressed in pixels.

Adding the date is as simple as adding the Add Date filter in Step 2.

Regards,
Cosmin Unguru
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
mkwhisenant

When I resize and add a date to a batch of images, (usually between 600 to 700 each batch), the font size will revert to font 20 on some images. Why is that and what can I do about it?
Cosmin

Dear mkwhisenant,

I believe that you see different font sizes in the 600-700 batch because not all of the pictures have the same size/resolution (e.g. 1600x1200). The font has a fixed pixel size so it will appear larger on the smaller sized images and smaller on the larger images.

The solution will be to group your images based on image resolution/size and apply a different font size for each batch. We are looking into this and hope to find a solution for the future versions to ease your work.

Kind regards,
Cosmin
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information