Can't open: "Error while unpacking program, Code 2"

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
realrachel

SUMMARY: When I try to open BatchPhoto, I get this: "Error while unpacking program, Code 2. Please report to author."

APPLICATION: BatchPhoto
VERSION: 2.8.0.0
APPLICATION LAST MODIFIED: 6/1/2011 4:35am
PLATFORM: PC
KIND: Laptop
MODEL: Dell Studio 1737
REPRODUCIBLE: Yes
RELIABLY: Yes
DESCRIPTION: When I try to open BatchPhoto, I get this error: "Error while unpacking program, Code 2. Please report to author." This is reliably reproducible, whether I try to open it from the icon, from a shortcut, or from the program list.
COMMENTS: BatchPhoto worked reliably when I first installed it, a month or so ago. I have not used it since then. I have rebooted since then. I did recently move the BatchPhoto shortcut from the desktop to another folder, and then moved that folder inside another one. That is the first time I have gotten this error, that it would not open. When I moved the shortcut back on the desktop, it still would not open. I do not know if this is relevant, but now you have all the data I do.
SUBMITTED BY: Rachel Rutherford
EMAIL: [email protected]

Thank you very much for your help.
Cosmin

Dear user,

Thank you for the detailed report, we sincerely apologize for this problem.

The problem is caused by our DRM system, a 3rd party component. This seems to be related (according to the component manufacturer) to a Windows update on Vista x64. Is this your Windows version?

They also said they have a fix for this but unfortunately we cannot replicate the problem so we don't know for certain if this fix works. We have created a new setup with the supposed fix so you can try it out on your computer.

Firstly uninstall the current version of BatchPhoto from your computer, then download & install the setup file bellow:
http://www.batchphoto.com/download/bp-arm890a2.exe

Please let me know if this solves your problem so we can release an official fix as version 2.8.2.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Cosmin

Hello,

I am glad to let you know that we have released an official fix for this problem. The problem was caused by a security update for Windows Vista and was resolved in version 2.8.2, download it from here:
http://batchphoto.com/get
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information