Rotation problem

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
tharmon

Hi... I start with a single photo, which is correctly oriented, and add it as directed in step one. However, it is turned sideways after adding. I've tried many ways to rotate the photo so I can add a caption. But I can't get it right. I've tried adding a caption sideways but in the saved photo, the caption is sideways/wrong. I've spent a lot of time trying to get this right, but I can't. Can you help me??? Tom
Cosmin

Hi,

You need to add the Auto Rotate filter before any other filter so your images will be correctly rotated if they were taken with a digital camera.

You can see the image orientation in the preview windows only. The thumbnails are not relevant.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
tharmon

Hi... thanks for your reply.
I started over again and selected the Auto Rotate filter before any other filter. This corrected the orientation of my photo. But then, when I added the next filter to add a caption, the photo came up sideways. And I was left with trying to compose a line of caption that was in the wrong orientation. I'll try to attach a screen shot to illustrate my problem:
Attachments
John Granger screen shot 1.jpg
John Granger screen shot 1.jpg (199.26 KiB) Viewed 61284 times
Cosmin

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot.

The Watermark-Text filter's preview does not apply the Auto Rotate filter, so it will show you the image in its original orientation. However in Step 2 you will see all the filters combined and if the Auto Rotate filter is before the Watermark-Text filer the image will have the correct orientation.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information