Double Output

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
Timothy

We are currently testing the script functionality to automate converting of images.

Now are we running in to the issue that converting our PSD files to JPG, PNG or any other format that we get a Double output in the output Folder.
We get 1 "good" output, and 1 cropped output with -1 ad the end. And this is a output we did not expect or want to see.

Is there setting or script option that we need to change to not get this behavior ?
Cosmin

Hi Timoth,

Thank you for your interest in BatchPhoto.

PSD files can have multiple layers and in the default config BatchPhoto saves each layer as a new image. You can change that in the app Settings/Preferences.

In the app Settings go to Image Formats - Layer Configuration. There you can select Save the first layer only and Fatten all layers.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Timothy

Hello Mike,

This indeed solved the problem of the initial double output Thanks !
I expected this to be a setting for each script, and not a "general" setting in BatchFoto.

We do see some "strange" behavior, and it looks like BatchFoto is doing some things it should not do.
My test PSD files are Single Layer files, so it should not make multiple files ?
It also "crops" the image, like it is separating the background and the image that is in there.
The resized PNG files look absolutely Great !
The resized JPG files it depends on the settings we talked about.
When in default "Safe each layer as separate Image" it makes the Background Black and there is a clear white edge around the original picture.
When using flatting all Layers, the background becomes white and the quality is looking a lot better. And we don't "see" the white edge now.

These are my findings in my Initial test runs with WatchFolders and Scripts.. We are working on automating a lot of "simple" tasks and hope BatchFoto can help to fix these little issues we are finding now.

Best regards,
Timothy
Cosmin

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for the follow-up.

We use a third-party component to load the PSD files. Unfortunately the artefacts that you found are related to that third-party component and are outside of our control.

I hope you find a setup that works for your specific use case.

Regards,
Mike
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Timothy

Hello Mike,

Thanks for all the quick responses !
We are going to have a look if BatchPhoto is the right program then for us, and will make a new post if we have further questions or issues !

Best regards,
Timothy
  • Information