Lost Photos

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
InsightAdmin

I went to add a timestamp to a picture, but the date on the photo was wrong, so I went back in the program to try and remove the timestamp, but when I processed it, it gave me an error and all my photos were gone!!

Is there any way to get the photos back?

I have the program set up to put the photos back in the original folder, and that folder is empty. My recycle bin is also empty. Where did these pictures even go?
Cosmin

Hello,

BatchPhoto does not delete photos. It has fail safe mechanisms in place and requires your confirmation if you choose to overwrite your original photos in place or if you choose to delete your original photos after writing the processed ones.

As a best practice we encourage you to always keep your original images and not overwrite or delete them and save the processed ones in a different folder that you can select in Step 3.

Once you apply a date stamp or watermark on images with any program (not only BatchPhoto) you cannot remove it easily. It's like writing with a pen on a paper photo and then trying to remove the writing. You can find on the Internet programs that remove the watermarks from images but there can be visual artefacts afterwords.

If this does not solve your issue, please describe the sequence of events that lead to this error (step by step) so we can reproduce it on our end.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information