Destination folder name not saved in project file?

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
marktaylor46

I am using MAC Ventura 13.2.1. Batchphoto 4.4.

I recently purchased Batch Photo through the Apple Store and I am very pleased with it. However, I do have query that I hope is down to my misunderstanding that you can correct me on.

1. My workflow is to have an “unprocessed image” folder on my Mac Studio and to output this to a “processed images” folder on my Mac Studio. I have saved this as a project. The problem is when I reopen the project later the settings for the output directory are blank and I have to choose this again - is this normal or a bug? All the other settings are saved as they were, just not the destination folder?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Regards, Mark.
Cosmin

Hi,

Thank you for buying BatchPhoto from the Mac App Store.

> The problem is when I reopen the project later the settings for the output directory are blank and I have to choose this again

This is because of sandboxing. Apple requires the users to select the path each time manually so we cannot load it automatically.

Also because of sandboxing we recommend that you have both your Unprocessed and Processed folders inside your Pictures folder.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
marktaylor46

Well, I moved the folders to pictures folder and it made no difference the save of a project still does not save the destination folder. But perhaps I didn’t understand you correctly.

It’s a shame but it’s not the end of the world... I still really like the app.

Regards, Mark.
  • Information