Script with Search Path and Subfolder

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
mwk-empire

Hi,

I want to modify all folder.jpg files of my music library. I had the hope that

<Images>
<Search Path="\\s1\musik\folder.jpg" />
</Images>

would find all folder.jpg in the folders below "\\s1\musik". But it does not find any file.

I can not use \\s1\musik\*.jpg since there are other image files I do not want to change.

Hope you can help

Markus
Cezar

Dear user,

The Search feature does not allow you to use keywords like [Folder] in the search pattern to identify the photos that have the same name as their source folder.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Cezar Popescu
BatchPhoto Team
mwk-empire

Cezar wrote:Dear user,

The Search feature does not allow you to use keywords like [Folder] in the search pattern to identify the photos that have the same name as their source folder.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Then please tell me how I can process all files with the name "folder.jpg" using a script on e.g. drive D: and all its sub-dirs. I can not use *.jpg since I only want to change files called "folder.jpg".

Markus
Cezar

Dear user,

You cannot manually edit scripts to search for files in all the sub-folders of a given folder. That can be done by using BatchPhoto's user interface. In order to add all the "folder.jpg" files located in a folder and it's sub-folders to the list of images that will be processed (Step 1), you must use the Search&Add feature of BatchPhoto. First, launch BatchPhoto and select the Search&Add option from the contextual right-click menu corresponding to the image list or simply press the Add->Search&Add button. In the Search dialog select the folder that you want to search, set the search mask to "folder.jpg", check the Search in sub-folders check-box and then press OK. Adjust the settings in Step 2 and 3 according to your needs and then select Process.

Please let me know if there is anything else.
Regards,
Cezar Popescu
BatchPhoto Team
mwk-empire

Cezar wrote:Dear user,

You cannot manually edit scripts to search for files in all the sub-folders of a given folder. That can be done by using BatchPhoto's user interface. In order to add all the "folder.jpg" files located in a folder and it's sub-folders to the list of images that will be processed (Step 1), you must use the Search&Add feature of BatchPhoto. First, launch BatchPhoto and select the Search&Add option from the contextual right-click menu corresponding to the image list or simply press the Add->Search&Add button. In the Search dialog select the folder that you want to search, set the search mask to "folder.jpg", check the Search in sub-folders check-box and then press OK. Adjust the settings in Step 2 and 3 according to your needs and then select Process.

Please let me know if there is anything else.
Hi Cezar,

In this case BatchPhoto will create a list of files that is fixed to moment I did above. If there are new files in new sub-dirs these are not in the fixed list. This means I have to create the list again and again and again ...
There is not even a "refresh" button for the Search & Add result. I have to delete all files and then add the new set of files every time.

Markus
Cezar

Dear user,

We have taken into account the problems that you are experiencing and decided to include the feature you are looking for in the next BatchPhoto release (3.1.1). Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have further suggestions or issues regarding our application do not hesitate to post them on the forum.
Regards,
Cezar Popescu
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information