Running a bps script in task scheduler fails

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
curtkline

I created a bps script to process pictures. I'd like to use Task Scheduler to schedule the script to run every evening, but when I run the script using Task Scheduler, it just says 'running' and it never does anything. I suspect that is because the script is set up to delete the original files after they have been processed, and there is usually a pop-up box that asks "You have selected to delete the source photos after writing the modified ones. Continue?"

Is there a way to get the script to not ask to continue? Or can I get task scheduler to answer somehow? Thanks!
Cosmin

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot skip this dialog in the current version, this was added for safety reasons. However we will consider not showing up this dialog when processing a script file for the next BatchPhoto update.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
curtkline

OK - It would be nice if there were somethign in the XML to flag to not ask the question.

Is there some other way to get it to run unattended, once every evening? If I use the Monitor program, will that also not run if files are supposed to be deleted?

Or maybe I could work it so I don't need to delete the old file - would the scripted process finish on its own?

Thanks!
Cosmin

Hello,

Thanks to your feedback we have now decided to implement this option for the script files in the next update. Would you rather prefer an option to be asked or not?

The Monitor cannot delete images from the monitored folder because it's designed to allow multiple jobs to watch the same source folder. You can learn more about the Monitor from here:
http://www.batchphoto.com/howto/monitor-folders.html

If you don't have the option to delete files the script should run transparently in background.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
curtkline

Great news, thanks! Then it sounds like the script is the way to go for us. I suppose it is safer to ask to delete without prompting - so you need to purposefully select to turn the warnings off.

Thanks again!
curtkline

Hi - just checking if there is a target date or an estimate of when the next version with this enhancment will be available. If it will be moer than a few months away, I will need to come up with a plan B to get things to work the way I need them. Thanks!
Cosmin

Hello,

The next release of BatchPhoto will be a major one (version 4.0), and we do not have a release date at this time. It will probably be in the middle of 2014.

Thank you for your understanding.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
Skiwi

So its been a few years ;) Is this still not possible?
Cosmin

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in BatchPhoto.

Running scripts in Task Scheduler is possible. Hiding the interface when running scripts it's possible since version 4.0.

If you want to hide the BatchPhoto interface completely, you need to add the following lines in the script file:

Code: Select all

<Properties Class="Script">
 <Property Name="DisableNotifications">1</Property>
 <Property Name="HideProcessing">1</Property>
</Properties>
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information