Date and Time taken

Got a great suggestion for improving BatchPhoto? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
daniel

Hi

I'm trying out your program to rename photos and found a bug.
I want the date and time the photo was taken to be part of the file name.
However, the time if one hour out!
admin
Site Admin

Hello,

BatchPhoto reads the original date/time from the EXIF record which is embedded in photos. The original date/time for your picture is Jan 5, 2009 12:29 as I can see from the sample sent via email.

I see this is also in the name of your picture so it is not of by an hour. Maybe your camera time is not setup properly.

I like this application however I was VERY disappointed to see that it removes most of the media data i.e. (Date Taken) from the photos. This information is very important since most cloud photo solutions use this data to sort the photos. As well as it resizes the photos without any options to change this. I run a large IT software review blog and daily podcast, next week I am going to have to state that I can’t suggest this application.
Cezar

Hello,

BatchPhoto only erases the media data (EXIF information) of a photo if you choose to save it as a format different from JPEG or TIFF (the only formats that have EXIF info). For example, if you have a set of JPEG photos and you resize them preserving the original format, the media data of the output photos will be identical with that of the originals.
Regards,
Cezar Popescu
BatchPhoto Team
flogger123

Thanks for the clarification. Do you have any thoughts on how to change the time and date?
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
Vali

Hi,

If you want a different date than the one found in your image you can use a Comment filter and specify a fix date in the Text field which will be applied on all of your photos.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
hfencak

Hi,
I am looking for the program where i can date and time stamp photos! I see there are 3 verision, I believe home, pro, ent. Not for sure what is the best one for me. I was thinking pro since i only need to date and time stamp the photos. Also, Is there anytype of windows version or vista that this will no work on?

Thank you.
Holly
Cezar

Dear user,

I suggest you go with the Pro version since it has all the features one may need when it comes to stamping photos with date and time.

BatchPhoto works on all current versions of Windows (including all versions of Windows Vista), so you should have no worries there.
Regards,
Cezar Popescu
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information