Trouble converting RGB tiff to CMYK tiff

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
rwhitaker

I've got a Folder Watch set up to monitor an 'inbox' folder on one server, convert the incoming RGB tiff images to CMYK and output to a folder on another server. For whatever reason, the resulting images are still in RGB. I've got the output format set to TIF with CMYK/32bpp color/bit depth and I've tried both LZW and No Compression without luck.

Is there another way to set this up?

Thanks in advance

BatchPhoto Enterprise v.4.2
Cosmin

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you please send us a sample RGB TIFF image (support at batchphoto dot com) so we can test this out?
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
rwhitaker

Cosmin wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 am
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you please send us a sample RGB TIFF image (support at batchphoto dot com) so we can test this out?
Thanks, just sent it.
Cosmin

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the sample image and sorry for the late reply. We have been busy with releasing BatchPhoto 4.3 this week.

I have identified the problem: Since you are not adding any filters in Step 2, and the output format is not modified in Step 3 (still TIF), BatchPhoto does not detect the color profile change and assumes that you only want to rename/copy the image and it does not modify the image at all.

You can solve this be adding a filter in Step 2 that does nothing, like the Auto Rotate filter (which will have no effect on the images if they are in the correct orientation), or the Resize filter with the same image size. Also this will work without any filters if you have a different image format at input.

With a filter in Step 2, BatchPhoto will reprocess the image with the CMYK color profile or any other image format settings.

PS: BatchPhoto should detect the color profile change, so we will add this on our to-do list.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information