Windows 8.1

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
bramblesdad

Last week I upgraded Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Big mistake all round. Since the upgrade I have tried twice to use Batchphoto to convert a single photo from TIFF to JPG and on both occasions my computer has crashed. Previously with Windows 8 there was no problem. Despite the crash the conversion was completed successfully. I am not using the latest version of Batchphoto and before purchasing the latest version I would like to know whether it is compatible with Windows 8.1. Has anyone else had a similar problem with 8.1? The problems since the upgrade are by no means confined to Batchphoto.
Cosmin

Hello,

The latest version of BatchPhoto (4.0) works without problems on Windows 8.1. You can try the free trial before updating to that version. Please note that this will overwrite your current installation so you may want to install on another computer:
http://www.batchphoto.com/download.html

Please let us know what version of BatchPhoto do you have (from the main menu select Help > About) if you want us to investigate this problem. Also it will be useful if you can send us the source image.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
bramblesdad

Hello

I guess you did not receive my first response as I attempted to attach the source image but as it is a 18 Mb TIFF file and my broadband speed is less than 1 Mb (after all I do live 40 miles from London) it was unlikely to happen.

Anyway the version I am using is 3.5.1.

I am unable to load the trial of the latest version on another computer as this is the only machine with Windows 8.1.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Vali

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We couldn't reproduce the problem you mentioned.

We have tested BatchPhoto 3.5.1 on Windows 8.1 and we didn't found any problems.

Please try to send us one of the images that produces this issue.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information