How do I convert .gif files to .jpg?

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
OvejaNegra

I am a registered user of BatchPhoto Enterprise 3.5.2. I would like to convert some .gif files to .jpg format. The BatchPhoto website indicates that the program can do this, but I can't find anything about how to do this in the Help file, nor in a quick search of this forum. I'd be most grateful if someone could tell me how to make this conversion.

Thanks in advance.
Vali

Hi,

In order to do that please select the photo's output format to JPG, option that you can find in Step 3. You can also find more information about this option in the help file at "User Interface > Step 3 Setup" section.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
OvejaNegra

Thanks very much for your prompt and helpful reply. I had looked in Help for "convert" and "convert file format" but didn't find what I was looking for. I'll now try what you suggest.
OvejaNegra

Vali wrote:Hi,

In order to do that please select the photo's output format to JPG, option that you can find in Step 3. You can also find more information about this option in the help file at "User Interface > Step 3 Setup" section.

Please let me know if there is something else.
A short while ago I posted a quick note to say thanks. I've now had a chance to try what you've suggested. It seemed to work well. However, when I tried to import one of the converted graphics files, the program in which I wanted to use the file gave me the same response it had given when I tried to use a .gif file, namely "The specified file could not be opened because its format was not recognized." Are there limitations to BatchPhoto's ability to convert .gif files to .jpg? Is there any way to check to see whether the problem lies with BatchPhoto or with the program into which I was trying to import the converted graphic?
Vali

Hi,

I apologize for the late reply.

We didn't found any problem with the JPG files. You can try to open the processed files with another application (like Paint or Windows photo viewer) and see if the pictures are handled well there. There are some options that modifies the JPG's properties: in Step 3 select JPG as Output Format and then press the settings button. Your program may not handle correctly all kind of JPG files.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
OvejaNegra

Thanks, Valentin. I've now tried the converted files in other programs, and they seem to work well. Thus, the problem seems to be in the program in which I was trying to use the converted files. I've now written to that program's tech support.

Again, many thanks.
Vali

You welcome, please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information