Target size (in kilobytes) of final resized photo

Got a great suggestion for improving BatchPhoto? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jmlebrun

Hello BatchPhoto Team,
You have a great product and I've been using it for about a year. Love to use it. The new version is fast and terrific to use. I get great results.

The only suggestion I would do to the resize function is that a "target size", in kilobytes, should be available.

I currently use the Advance Resize to shrink my camera-original 4.60 megabyte photos 4288 X 2848 @ 300dpi, to a mere 800px across @72dpi.

I would love to be able to tell the software to, always, batch-shrink the original photos to 800px across @72dpi ... but have a dial-a-final-kilobyte feature. For example, have the software resize to a 100Kb size... or 200Kb. Aiming for a "target size" would be awesome and would make the final photos email-able.
Love the software... Keep up the wonderful work.
Vali

Dear user,

Thank you for the nice words, greatly appreciated!

Actually, this feature has been implemented since version 2.8 but it may not be so obvious.

In Step 3 select JPG (only this format supports fixed image sizes) as the Output Format then press the Settings button. There you can check "Fixed Size (KB)" and enter a desired value in KB (1 MB = 1024 KB).

Please note that processing you photos to a fixed image size will take longer to process since BatchPhoto will try different compressions in order to target your desired file size.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information