Trying to output to a new folder name, with Monitor?

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
stewart.snow

Hi,
Great piece of software by the looks of it - although one key thing (isn't there always) that I can't seem to figure out / may be a feature missing etc.

I want to use BatchPhoto to be able to replicate my photo library into different sets at different resolutions - but maintain a folder structure, ie:

Originals Folder/Some Holiday Event Folder/Photo 1.jpg etc

Then setup different profiles, to run with Monitor so that they end up in:

1024x768/Some Holiday Event Folder/Photo 1.jpg
&
2048x1536/Some Holiday Event Folder/Photo 1.jpg

I seem to have managed to get most of the way there, using the name/rename functions, along with a resize filter. I've used the [FolderName]\[Filename] keywords to get the right output names - however the app reports a problem writing the target file - I'm guessing because in the first instance then output folder name doesn't exist, and it can't create that folder name.

I can't find any options to enable it to create a folder if it doesn't exist. Am I missing something, or is this a missing feature?

Many Thanks
Stewart
Cosmin

Hi Stewart,

Thank you for your interest in BatchPhoto Enterprise.

You cannot use keywords in Step 3 for the output folder ([foldername]\[filename). Using keywords in the output folder will lead to errors when trying to write the processed images.

In the current version you cannot replicate a folder structure from the input folder. All the photos from the input folder and subfolders will be written in root of the output folder.

What you can do instead is use different jobs for different folders, so instead of watching C:\source albums\*.* (and sub folders) you can create a few separate jobs for each subfolder. This will also allow you to further customize the processing for each subfolder. Also different jobs can share the same predefined profile.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will consider this feature for a following update.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information