Coverting Jpeg to Tiff, problems.

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
Dan100

Hi, I just purchased this program and have already encountered a problem. I opened my picture files, highlighted them and converted to Tiff with the batchphoto program. Out of 300 photo's 182 didn't convert due to some sort of error. Infact they saved as empty files. Lucky the originals saved too!
I tried again by doing 14 new pictures and the same thing happened with 4 out of 14.
Does anybody know why that might be happening? Any help would be much appreciated.
Vali

Dear Dan,

What sort of images are you using for input, are they multi-page TIFF files? If so BatchPhoto will save a copy of each page for each TIFF on output, and the blank images may just be blank pages in some of your input TIFF files.

Can you email us one of the photos that produces this issue at support(at)batchphoto.com for further investigation?
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
Dan100

Hi Vali, thanks for your response and sorry for my late reply. I have limited experience with computers and digital cameras but I can tell you the files I downloaded from the cameras memory card were jpeg.
I couldn't forward you a picture that didn't work because I had 300 on my memory card, which turned into 600 after I opened & converted them with Batch but with 180 or so errors. Out of that I ended up with 400 plus pictures as the error pictures were blank, empty files.
From there I had no idea what was going on as the pictures only presented as numbers and lined up tiff, jpeg, tiff, jpeg and so on. I was very confused and didn't want to mess it up anymore, so I'm not even sure what pictures worked and what didn't.
What I did do though was try again, with the trial version of batch on a different computer this time, and I had a similar issue. Some of the pictures had errors. But this time I was able to see the Batch water mark on the pictures that did work and was able to open and convert the pictures that didn't work the first time through Batch again, which worked.
So the problem is I cannot afford to save, accidentally or not, my photos as jpeg because I will lose quality for later printing purposes, this is why I purchased Batch.
Can you tell me how to convert a large group of pictures into tiff without having these problems please?
Vali

Dear user,

We couldn't reproduce the issue mentioned above. The sample image you sent is also converted without any errors.

In order to avoid the mixing of original and processed pictures you can select a different output path for the processed photos: in step 3 make sure that the option “Use source photo's folder for output” is unchecked.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information