Monitor Job Factors that Determine a New File

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.

What factors does BatchPhoto look at to determine if a file in the watch folder is new and will be processed or ignored as already processed? I have noticed that if I put a file into the watch folder a second time BatchPhoto does not process it. I am assuming there is some logic determining if a file has been processed and ignores it. Is there any way to control/modify this behavior?
Cosmin

Hi,

Thank you for using BatchPhoto.

The Monitor component of BatchPhoto Enterprise records a MD5 checksum of each image it processed. If even a single bit of one of the images has changed the image will be detected as modified and reprocessed. If you remove and re-add an image that was already processed it will be detected as processed after comparing the MD5 checksums.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
klouden

How long is the checksum log maintained? Is there a way to adjust how long it keeps this log, or reset it?
Cosmin

Hi,

The checksum log is maintained throughout the Job's life. However you can reset it by selecting in the Job's settings window "Reprocess all images using the new settings".
Last edited by Cosmin on Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
klouden

Is there a way to configure the time of the checksum log, perhaps in a registry key or config file?
Cosmin

Hi,

The checksum log only has the name and the MD5 checksum of the processed images. I don't know what you mean by "time of the checksum log"?
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
klouden

I am wondering if you can configure the duration of time that the checksum and filename log is maintained. For example is it possible to change some configuration setting to have the new/already processed list reset or cleared after set amount of time (24hrs, 1hr, I week etc).
Cosmin

Hi,

No, the checksums can only be reset manually by checking the option "Reprocess all images using the new settings" in the Job's settings window.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information