Scan needs to be run every 1 second

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
vdot

Hi there,

We are using BatchPhoto to monitore three different jobs at the same time. Those three jobs create three different sizes of the original image and put them once again in three different output folders. The original size of the image is 1.3 MB.
Therefore, the Monitored Folder has to be scanned for changes once every 1 second. This is set under General Settings already. But unfortunately it takes more than 1 second. Tests show that we need close to 30 seconds until all 3 batches start running. However, we need it to work faster because there are more steps with different programs following.

I hope you can help me solving my problem.

Thank you in advance.
Cosmin

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

In the Job settings you can set Scan folder for changes once every X seconds. The minimum recommended value is 30 seconds but you can type any value there.

However the Monitor will do it's best to re-scan the monitored folder as soon as possible but if you have multiple jobs with many images to process per job this will take some time. Unfortunately the only solution to speed up the process is to reduce the number of jobs and/or images to process.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
vdot

Thank you for your quick response.

I had already typed in the time of 1 second at Scan folder for changes once every X seconds.

Though we are only processing one original image and make three different sizes out of it.
So 3 jobs at the same time are to much?

Isn't there any other solution than reducing the numbers of jobs?
Cosmin

Hello,

Of course three jobs are not a problem, the Monitor can handle dozens of jobs and there is no limit on the number of jobs.

However the Monitor is not optimized to process jobs once per second since a lot of processing which involves time consuming disk read/write operations has to be done for each scan. So repeating this scan three times a second (for three jobs) is demanding for your hard-disk.

We also have safety checks in place to prevent processing images that are in the middle of being copied to the monitored folder, which also takes some time.

So we recommend a scan interval of at least 30 seconds but we will investigate if the processing can be speed up for the next BatchPhoto update.

Have a nice day!
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information