Watch folder and automatically resize to multiple sizes

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
congles

Hi!

So I have a need to process a large dataset of images. I need to resize jpg's from their original size ro 75%, 50% and 25%.

I'm hoping someone can help me create a watch folder job which can do this for me because I need relative output destinations too. Here's an example of my folder structure

M:\Unprocessed\Australia\Original\

inside "Unprocessed" are multiple folders... "Australia" "New Zealand" "Europe" etc... new folders will get added and they will have subfolders called "original" which will be full of jpg's I need resized. These need to be resized and then placed into new folders so that I end up with something like this:

M:\Unprocessed\Australia\Large\
M:\Unprocessed\Australia\Medium\
M:\Unprocessed\Australia\Small\

Where "Large" = 75%, Medium 50%... etc.

-----------------------------------------------

I think my biggest hurdle here is whether the watch folders output can be a relative output folder... as far as my testing went just putting \Large\ doesn't work... it goes to the root of the harddrive. The second issue is whether I BatchPhoto is able to run multiple scripts for resizing on the same watch folder and not have it mess up with its counter.

Hopefully I've been clear enough... if you have any questions fire away.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Conrad
C
Cosmin

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

You need to create three jobs, for the Large, Medium and Small images. All jobs can monitor the same folder without issues.

For the output you can create a parallel folder structure like:
M:\Processed\Australia\Original\

You can try both output folder options Use selected folder and Recreate original folder structure and see which one works for you.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
congles

Hi,

Thanks for the help! I have asked a colleague to help set up a script which will do the same thing for us. I'll keep this bookmarked as we may return to use BatchPhoto if his solution doesn't end up being suitable.

Thanks again!
C
Cosmin

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Did you used BatchPhoto scripts? If not, here is a tutorial about working with scripts in BatchPhoto:
http://www.batchphoto.com/help/index.ht ... ripts.html
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
congles

Thanks, I've passed on that link to my colleague. I believe he's writing something custom for us in Node which will also give us a read-out we can use for other things!

Thanks!
  • Information