Batchphoto doesn't run on my Mac

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
opacons

I'm running OS X 10.10.4 on a Macbook Pro Retina. After downloading and installing Batchphoto 3.7.1 (the version I'm licensed for), nothing happens when I run the app. No windows appear and no activity is detected. Nothing.

I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times. Same result.

FWIW, I can install and run the latest version without problems.
Cosmin

Hello,

Due to changes made by Apple in OS X Yosemite (10.10), older versions of BatchPhoto are not supported by this new operating system. However older versions of BatchPhoto still work on Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion.

The latest update of BatchPhoto (4.0.2) works without problems on Yosemite. You can download and install the trial from here:
http://www.batchphoto.com/get

If this is not a free update for you, you can update with a discount here:
http://www.batchphoto.com/purchase.html?tab=2

Let me know if you have further questions.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
opacons

Discount? The link you provided leads me to a screen where I can buy an update for $74.95 with $0 discount! $0 doesn't sound like much of a discount.

When I select the upgrade option and enter my email, it tells me I already have the Enterprise version and offers to send me my activation code which of course is useless because it doesn't work for v4.x.

Now what?
Cosmin

Hello,

It seems that you have purchased the Enterprise version. The Enterprise version costs $129.95 for a new purchase and you can update for $74.95 to the latest version, so the discount is $55.

If you don't need the additional features from the Enterprise version you can buy a new Pro version for $49.95. Just to remind you, this is not a subscription just a one-time payment.

Having to update BatchPhoto just to support a new Mac OS X version is not something that we like either, since we have to release a new version with each major OS X update. This is not the case with Windows where BatchPhoto 1.0 released in 2005 will probably work on Windows 10.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information