File Date and Time After Resizing

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
stringzapper

We are a non-profit and we keep all of the originals on our local server but post reduced sized photos on photobucket for our members. We currently use a bath process in Photoshop to reduce the size but in the process the date/time stamp on the file gets reset to the current date/tie and when the photos are moved to photobucket they frequently appear in the wrong order. Can we use BatchPhoto to resize the images but have the file that is produced have the same date/time as the original?
Cosmin

Thank you for your interest in BatchPhoto.

Sure, adding the original date/time to photos is one of BatchPhoto's main features. The date/time information will be read from the embedded data in the photos so this should be 100% accurate if the date/time was set correctly in the digital camera that took the picture.

You can also change the filenames to includ the original date/time if you wish. In the same session you can also resize the photos to a predefined size in pixels or percentages (relative to the original).

You can learn more and also try BatchPhoto for free by downloading the trial from:
http://www.batchphoto.com/howto/add-date/add-date.html

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
stringzapper

Hi - thanks for the reply, but I think my original question was badly phrased, what I need is for the file creation date and time of the resized photos to match the creation date and time from the EXIF data in the original file.
Cosmin

Hello,

BatchPhoto has the option to preserver the date/time of the file same as the original file. In Step 3 > Set output photo's date and attributes same as original.

Since the original file was created when the photo was taken this usually matches the date/time from the EXIF record.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
stringzapper

excellent - thanks
  • Information