Smart Resize

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
ToddB

Hi - I need to do a smart-resize - basically make an image no larger than say 800x800 - but NOT increase the image size if it's smaller - and I want to maintain proportions so if it's a 1024x768 image it gets cropped to 800x600; similarly if it's a portrait image that's 768x1024 I'd want it to resize to 600x800. If all dimensions are less than 800 then don't touch the image.

Is this possible?
Cosmin

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in BatchPhoto.

You can set fixed width and height values for resizing so you can make all your images no larger than 800x800. BatchPhoto will also correctly resize all your landscape and portrait images. Regarding the condition to not resize images that are smaller this is something that we will add in the next version of BatchPhoto (4.1).

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
ToddB

Thanks - that would be great.

I tried setting the resize to 800x800 but it loses the constraints so pictures end up distorted. I also tried setting one of each (one fixed width and one fixed height) but depending on the order and the rotation of the photo I got odd results. Is there a way to limit the size in both directions but still maintain aspect ratio?
Cosmin

Yes, you can do that by setting fixed width & height as I said.

Here is what you have to do:
1. Open the Resize filter configuration window
2. Select Fixed Width & Height
3. Dimmensions in Pixels
4. Set Width & Height to 800

With those settings BatchPhoto will resize all images in order to fit in a square of 800x800 pixels, and it will maintain the aspect ratio of the original images.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
ToddB

Thank you - that seems to be working.
  • Information