Problems with Folder Watch on Windows 8

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
mickyh

Hi guys

I am hoping someone can help as I am just about to rip my hair out :cry:

I use BatchPhoto's folder watch option on the computer that controls our photo booth. We have used it with Windows Vista for many months without a glitch.

We have, however, just replaced the computer with a Windows 8 machine and are now having an annoying problem. Whilst running the photo booth software in full screen mode (NKRemote by Breezesys), whenever BatchPhoto runs 'behind the scenes' the Windows task-bar steals the focus. As we have BatchPhoto Folder Watch scanning for new images every 30 seconds the task bar is continually flashing down the bottom of the screen during the sequence.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have tried an Always on Top tool and applied this to the NKRemote program however this makes no difference.

Thanks
Michael
Cezar

Dear Michael,

I have just tested BatchPhoto Monitor with a full screen application and I cannot reproduce the behavior you described. It worked just fine for me, the task bar remained hidden while BatchPhoto was processing. Maybe there is something special about your application.

Make sure that you have the Disable interface notifications when processing option activated in the job settings. If this doesn't solve your issue please send us a screenshot of your desktop when the problem is occurring. I also tried to run the application you mentioned in your previous post (NKRemote by Breezesys) but it doesn't launch correctly on Windows 8.
Regards,
Cezar Popescu
BatchPhoto Team
mickyh

Hi Cezar

Thanks for that. I have made sure the option to 'Disable interface notifications when processing' was ticked however I am still having the same problem.

Attached is a screenshotImage

I have also set the taskbar to hide however there is still an annoying line that flashes down the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Michael
Cezar

Dear Michael,

I managed to reproduce the error using NKRemote on Windows 8. The application looses focus and allows the task bar to be visible. I also tested BatchPhoto Monitor with a similar application (Windows Image Viewer - Slideshow Option) and BatchPhoto does not make the full screen application loose focus.

So this behavior cannot be generalized to all full screen applications which indicates that NKRemote might be the source of your trouble and not necessarily BatchPhoto.
Regards,
Cezar Popescu
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information