Transforming PSD files that contain layers

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
tneary

I need to make various transformations on a large number of Photoshop files and BatchPhoto looked like the answer. However when the Photoshop file contains multiple layers, it seems that BatchPhoto produces a distinct transform for each layer. This is undesired and unmanageable as it 20 files into 100+, depending on the number of layers. I also can not go in and flatten these PSD files prior to the transform. Am I missing a setting or is there a best practice way to handle layered files? Would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!
Cosmin

Hello,

In the current version, BatchPhoto will save each layered image (PSD, TIF, GIF, PDF) to a multitude of images, one for each layer of the original image.

The only way to convert a layered image to another layered image is to do this in 2 separate processes. The first will convert the layered image into multiple images (one for each layer) and the second will convert the resulting images (layers) into a single layered image.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
MarkB

I would like a way to flatten the visible layers, because that is all I need, and then process the file so I only get one file out and not multiple for each layer. Can you guys make that happen?
Vali

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

In the current version BatchPhoto does not have this feature. We will take this into consideration for the next releases.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
tneary

Cosmin wrote:Hello,

In the current version, BatchPhoto will save each layered image (PSD, TIF, GIF, PDF) to a multitude of images, one for each layer of the original image.

The only way to convert a layered image to another layered image is to do this in 2 separate processes. The first will convert the layered image into multiple images (one for each layer) and the second will convert the resulting images (layers) into a single layered image.

Please let me know if there is something else.

Hello BatchPhoto team -

How would I perform the 2nd process with BatchPhoto? I.e., converting the resulting images (layers) into a single layered image.

Thanks.
Cosmin

Hello,

BatchPhoto can create multi-page TIF, GIF images, and PDF documents. In the current version BatchPhoto cannot create multi-layered PSD files (only convert them) but this is something we are looking into for the next releases.

To create a multi-page image/document just add the images in Step 1 and in Step 3 select one of the multi-page formats: TIF, PDF or GIF and select "Create a single multi-page document from all photos".
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information