Can Date/Time Stamp be removed?

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
OvejaNegra

I am a new user of BatchPhoto. According to the information on your website, a disadvantage of using a camera's date/time feature to put the date and time on each photo is that "the date/time stamp is not removable. So if you later decide to get rid of it, you can't since the original image is altered." The implication is that BatchPhoto's date/time stamp is removable. However, I don't see any information about how to do that. Moreover, back in November 2012, someone wrote to ask how to remove a faulty time that had been applied with a comment, and Cezar replied "If the Comment/Date filter is applied on a photo, the pixels where the comment text resides will be modified. So you cannot remove it because the original picture's pixels are replaced by the comment's pixels." Before I start messing with my photos, I'd like to know whether the date/time stamp can be removed.

Many thanks.
Vali

Hi,

A digital camera writes the date/time stamp on the original image so there is no backup.

When using BatchPhoto you firstly need to copy your photos from the digital camera to your computer. Those photos are your original and unaltered images.

By using BatchPhoto you will then add the date/time stamp to those photos and save them with different names (e.g. "Vacation 123 with Date.jpg") so you will not lose the original images. The edited photos will be saved alongside the originals.

If you overwrite the original photos by mistake you will lose them just like you edit and overwrite them with Photoshop or any other photo editor.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
OvejaNegra

Thanks very much for your helpful reply. You've told me what I need to know.
  • Information