Image size change and watermark transparency

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
peterhollins1

New user so may not have fully understood process.
Problem is size of watermark on batch of jpgs of different file size.
Adding a text filter causes image to reduce definition by 50% so making the watermark appear bigger.
I have tried splitting the batch into large, medium and small file size but still a problem.
Also I cannot get high transparency with a text (arial) watermark. The letters have a hard opaque black edge.
How can I maintain image file size anda discrete watermark?
Thanks
Vali

Dear user,

This happens because the text has a fixed size in pixels while the images' size varies. You can add the Resize filter before the Watermark-Text filter. In this case all the pictures will have the same resolution when the Watermark-Text filter will be applied so the resulting text will have the same size.

The black edge is used for text readability on all backgrounds but this is only valid for the Comment filter. If you want full transparency, you can use the Watermark-Text filter instead of the Comment filter or even Watermark-Image for adding a transparent logo.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Last edited by Vali on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
peterhollins1

Thanks Val,
Thanks for the advice this seems to be the way forward.
I have done the resize stage but cannot find Watermark text or watermark image in the dropdown list of filters. Where are they please?
Regards
Peter
Vali

Dear Peter,

The Watermark-Text and Watermark-Image filters can be found only in the Pro edition of BatchPhoto. For a detailed comparison chart between BatchPhoto Home and Pro please see:
http://www.batchphoto.com/comparison.html
Last edited by Vali on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
peterhollins1

Val,
I have to say I am disappointed. The reason I bought batchphoto was for the text watermark feature. This is for private use I am not a professional business user and dont feel I want to spend the additional $20 to remove the hard edge to the letters. Unless you can suggest a way forward I wish to cancell this order for a refund under the 30 day free trial program.
Peter
Vali

Dear Peter,

For refunds please email support at batchphoto dot com.
And make sure to specify the original e-mail address used when ordering BatchPhoto.

Please let me know if there is something else.
Regards,
Valentin Firan
BatchPhoto Team
  • Information