TIFF to JP2 format with only 3 samples per pixel

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
soloikos

I have been using BatchPhoto to do batch conversions of TIFF images to JPG2000 format with a .jp2 file extension. The digital content management software that I am uploading the photos to cannot process some of the .jp2 images (about 50% of my total amount) with 4 samples per pixel. Apparently, when BatchPhoto processes the conversions, some of the images are completed with 3 samples per pixel (ideal for my purposes) and some with 4 samples per pixel (not ideal as it crashes my digital content management software). All of the original TIFF images were created by scanning photographs on the same scanner and same software so I think the issue is with BatchPhoto. Any ideas or help out there? Thanks in advance.
Cosmin

Hello,

Unfortunately the number of samples per pixel cannot be setup with BatchPhoto when saving to JP2. Since your digital content management software crashes with some of those images, can't you use a different image format instead of JP2? You could just use JPG or loseless formats like PNG and TIF.

Please let me know if there is something else.

Regards,
Cosmin Unguru
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager

The Format for such things is REQUIRED to be jp2 images. Its an industry standard and far beyond our control, could batchphoto not feature a simple patch to correct its inability to control the samples? i know similar programs have them they just arent as user friendly, id prefer not to have to code line linux something that your program could easily do.
Cosmin

Hello,

We will look into that for a future update. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Cosmin Unguru
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information