Exif issue

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
rlpavelsky

I recently bought this program to time and date stamp certain photos that would be used in court. I bought Batch Photo Pro and am running it on a Dell i530, Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Processor, under Windows 7. So far I have serious issues with the results. I was under the impression the BPP would use the "Date Created" from the Exif data for the stamp info. On three separate tests, using 16 photos, first in RAW format, second in TIFF format, and third in JPEG format it has failed to stamp the "date created" and instead goes to the "date modified," on 15 of 16 photos. I cannot find any option in the BPP program to correct this issue, and the program is on no use to me operating under this issue. If you can help, please do (hopefully it's a small step I've overlooked), but if not I wish to return the program. Thank you.
Cosmin

Hello,

In order to apply the Date filter BatchPhoto reads the original date/time information from the photo's EXIF record, this is the date/time of the creation as written by the digital camera. If this information is not available BatchPhoto will read the creation time of the file on disk, which may not be accurate.

In order to investigate the problem you reported please send us sample images that have this problem to [email protected].

Regards,
Cosmin Unguru
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information