change incorrect dates on photos

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
meilemoo

We receive many photos by e-mail and some have the incorrect photo date on them. How do I remove the incorrect date and replace with the correct date?
Cosmin

Hello,

If the date is stamped on the photo itself you cannot remove it since there is no backup information to restore the altered pixels so you have to have the original.

Every camera adds the original date/time information in the meta-data (the EXIF record) associated with each photo. In order to stamp the photos with date and time when using the Date graphical filter, BatchPhoto reads this meta-data. If somehow this meta-data has the wrong date/time or is missing, you can use instead of the Date filter the Comment or Watermark Text filters to insert a custom date.

Please let me know if there is something else.

Regards,
Cosmin Unguru
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
meilemoo

Thank you for your help. We were able to use the comment filter to add a new date, however the original date is still able to be seen. Is there a way to add a bar or color block behind the new date in order to place this date over the top of the incorrect date. We were unable to locate a watermark filter, so we were unable to try this. Adding dates to photos that have come in without dates has worked well. Just need to figure out how to put the correct date over the top of dates on photos that come in with incorrect dates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
meilemoo

I do not know if you are receiving my additional questions, I do not see them in my posts? Is there a way to add a solid color behind the new correct date that I add, in order to cover the incorrect date, you said I could not change. I need to cover the incorrect date somehow. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Hello,

Unfortunately if you already applied wrong dates to photos you cannot remove them with BatchPhoto. The only option that BatchPhoto has to remove the unwanted data/time text is to crop the photo, however I realize this is not a very good solution.

Regards,
Cosmin Unguru
  • Information