How to Create a PDF from Explorer

Can't figure out how to do a task? Ask here.
mblout

I'm trying to use the Windows Explorer integration to quickly apply a profile, but can't get it to work for large numbers of files. The behavior seems erratic.
Specifically my profile is only meant to take a set of images and create one PDF - I have no filters.

I have 250+ images. So far I've tried 4-5 times, and different behaviors I've seen are:
- Right-clicked, chose, BatchPhoto from context menu, but Batch Photo dialog never came up - nothing happened.
- Right-clicked -> BatchPhoto -> Got dialog, chose profile. After a few files, the progress dialog disappeared, and nothing happened.
- Right-clicked -> BatchPhoto -> Got dialog, chose profile. After a few files, the progress dialog disappeared, and nothing happened, and computer seemed to bogged down, though BatchPhoto did not appear to be running in TaskMgr.

Doing this same operation from the full UI so far appears to be OK.
Cosmin

Hello,

The problem is not with the context menu integration but with the number of files you are trying to add to a single PDF file. You can safely create a PDF file with dozens of images but if you're trying to create a single PDF with hundreds of images your computer will run out of memory and cause the errors you mentioned.

We recommend you to use the predefined profile Convert > To PDF Album, or if you make your own settings in the UI, to use the Resize filter on the images you want to add to the PDF. If the images are small enough (e.g. 800x600 in resolution) you can probably add hundreds to a single PDF.

Regards,
Cosmin Unguru
Regards,
Mike Cosmin Unguru
Product Manager
  • Information